Why Does Your Cat Pee Out of the Litter Box?
Post Time: 2020-03-03About 10 percent of cats develop elimination problems such as urinating outside their litter box.
If your cat is doing this, consider the following main possible causes for the behavior.
1. Your cat has a health problem.
Urinary tract infections, feline interstitial cystitis and kidney stones can all contribute to elimination problems.
2. Your cat doesn’t like the cat litter in the box
Some cats may have aversions to scented or highly dusty cat litter. These can irritate the cat's nose and urinary system, causing sneezing or urinary tract infections
3. The box is too stinky or dirty.
If the owner doesn’t clean the litter box regularly, the box is smelly and dirty. Cat doesn’t like to be near the litter box.
4. The box may be too shallow or not filled with enough litter to adequately satisfy her dig-and-bury instinct.
5. There are not enough litter boxes in the home.